VIDEO: To get the most out of data your business needs a diverse set of skills
What skills does your business need to get the most from data? What skills do you need to adapt to the changes data is driving in your sector? Where should you focus your investment?
Mission Drive is partnering with the Open Data Institute to help business leaders build a more balanced view of the skills they need, and to make better decisions when it comes to planning and delivering data skills programmes.
Why is this important? Well, most data skills programmes focus on data technologies. And, whilst technology is important to understand, businesses also need to consider how they get value from data, how they avoid harmful impact and how they adapt and change what they do.
The data skills framework is a useful tool for leaders who want to build a more balanced view. Here’s a quick summary of how it can help you:
- Get clarity about the data skills you need to deliver your strategy.
- Understand how data skills aren’t just about AI and analytics.
- Analyse where the gaps are in your business.
- Find the resources and people that you already have in your business that can help develop skills
- Identify what external help and resources you may need to build skills.
- Map out learner journeys for different people, team or business functions
- Clearly communicate your plans to your business.
To learn more read the full blog here >>> https://theodi.org/article/businesses-need-diverse-skills-to-get-the-most-from-data/